Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

quilting

Today I had all my family home and it's a good day for "nesting". It's 2.7 degrees out and not a day to wander around in the world, I think.
So, what is a girl to do? Quilting!
I am back to working on Dear Jane quilt blocks, exchanging with Marilyn and Kathy from my Thursday quilt group.
I blew it and got very discouraged with my first group of 3 blocks, L4. L4, you are my nemesis. But, with Kathy's help, I think I now have it tackled. I have to paper piece small sections and then paper piece them into the entire paper pieced block.
Sounds complex, but I think it will save me and keep me accurate.
These little buggers are sure challenging.
I'm falling behind, though. Kathy is a quilting fiend and she is very very fast. So, I must find time to work.
It's good to make time to sew and quilt, I have not been doing much of that lately and have been favoring being on line on yahoo answers. YA is addictive and I don't know if I really am resolving the world's problems by being there. I can never really solve the world's problems, can I? Though, I am a firm believer in the "one person can make a difference" thing. If we all sit back and do nothing, then we are part of the problem. I need to be part of the solution.
But, there are quilts to be made and I need to be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment